United Kingdom

Britain is full of contrasts; whichever direction you travel you will find a wide variety of landscapes and diverse cultures to explore. England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are all unique countries with their own customs, cultures and tradition.

See sparkling Scottish lochs, relax in historic gardens and bask on the beaches of the South Coast… Britain’s diverse countryside will surprise and delight.

The world’s biggest festival of the arts in Edinburgh, the romance of Jane Austen’s Bath or a lazy day spent sizing up sculpture at Tate Modern or the Scottish National Gallery…In Britain you’ll find a cultural cocktail that’s hard to beat.

Britain is packed with historic monuments, royal palaces and some of the world’s top museums. Visit the house where Shakespeare was born, climb cathedral spires or uncover the Tower of London’s dark history…

Check out this You Tube video about the United Kingdom

International recruitment is an option mainly used by employers trying to fill vacancies in certain geographical areas or professions with recognised shortages.

Will I need a visa to work in the UK?

If you are not a British citizen, or a national of a country in the EEA, you will need a visa and may need entry clearance before you travel to the UK.

To obtain a visa or entry clearance, you will need to meet the requirements of the UKVI. The Home Office UKVI is responsible for governing the way individuals from outside the EEA can work, train or study in the UK.

Individuals can check if they have enough points to qualify for a particular tier, by carrying out a self-assessment of their eligibility on the Home Office website.

Is there a limit on the number of migrants entering the UK?

Yes, there is currently a cap on the number of migrants allowed to enter the UK to work. Applications are assessed using a points system that is intended to only allow entry to those whose skills will benefit the UK. The number of points required, and the way the points are awarded, depend on the tier under which individuals apply, but will reflect their qualifications, experience, age, previous earnings and language competence.

Under the points-based system, the UKVI will decide who is admitted to, or allowed to stay in, the UK. In order to assess this, you will need to provide evidence of a sponsor in the UK who is licensed by the UKVI.

Information about the points-based system is available on the UKVI website and may be subject to change. You are advised to check the website to establish which route of entry you are eligible to apply for.

Professional Registration

As a healthcare professional you will be required to register with the relevant governing council.

Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)

Nursing & Midwifery Council

General Medical Council

IELTS – English Language Test

Governments use IELTS to process immigration and student visa applications in many English-speaking countries, including Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.

Even native English speakers need an English language qualification to emigrate to some English-speaking countries.

You will need to check the IELTS scores for emigration needed in the country of your choice before you book your IELTS test.

Visit http://www.ielts.org/ for more details

Have a Question?

We are here to help. Email us or call 0508 800 221
Contact Us