Team Leader | Intellectual Disabilities
Salary in the region of $53k per annum
Carejobz is working with a charity to recruit their new Team Leader | Intellectual Disabilities for a facility that supports men with challenging behaviour.
The Team Leader | Intellectual Disabilities is an integral part of the team providing support to a group of people living in a facility. In this respect, the Team Leader’s tasks and objectives are identical to those of a Community Support Worker.
In addition, Team Leaders play a key role in assisting with the organisation of the facility to which they have been assigned.
Reporting to the Clinical Coordinator the Team Leader is typically responsible for a variety of administrative tasks but will also coach and supervise the work of their team to ensure the facility operates in compliance with relevant standards.
It is expected that the Team Leader | Intellectual Disabilities will actively promote the goals of the organisation and facilitate the directives of the Management Team.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Previous leadership experience
- Behaviour management experience
- Level 4 Certificate in Health and Wellbeing or equivalency
- Full Drivers Licence
- Clean police record
- Good written and spoken English
- Ability to work rostered shifts
- Ability to direct and manage staff
- Intermediate numeracy and literacy
- Significant previous experience working with people with disabilities is usually expected
- Commitment to attend training programmes including during non-rostered hours (which will be paid)
Interested in finding out more about this team Leader | Intellectual Disabilities role?
Click on “Apply Now” or contact Kate Wheeler on 0508 800 221 (all calls are treated confidentially)