Nurse Coordinator | Intellectual Disabilities
$55k to $60k pa
Another Exciting new role from Carejobz!
Bring your fine tuned coordination skills to this great opportunity to join a charitable organisation that represents people who have an intellectual disability.
The range of disability of residents varies considerably, and the community’s homes are designed to provide a “home” like environment which meets the individual support needs for each Resident.
There is a close and consultative relationship with Resident’s family and external support people.
What would the Nurse Coordinator | Intellectual Disabilities job entail?
- The Coordinator will supervise all staff who work in the resident’s homes, and they are accountable to ensure that the needs of the residents are met through the actions of the support staff.
- Coordinators need to provide a degree of clinical oversight. They are required to monitor the health, lifestyle and behavioural outcomes for our Residents, and will work with other health professionals to ensure quality services.
- Together with the Team Leader of the home they will provide training and coaching for all staff
- Coordinators have responsibility for the overall daily staffing and are required to manage all ongoing roster needs, i.e. finding replacement staff when sickness, leave, etc. impacts upon the roster
- There is a rostered on-call component to the role to support staff on issues relating to medication, health and resident welfare support
What skills would I need for the Nurse Coordinator | Intellectual Disabilities role?
- Preferably a registered nursing qualification and current APC
- Person Centred
- Committed and energetic
- Leadership ability
- Reasonable IT skills
- Team player
- Emotionally mature
- Good communication skills
- Well organised and good time manager
- Able to provide coaching and support
- Comfortable presenting to groups
- Able to give and receive feedback
- Able to resolve conflict
- Able to work in a disruptive and sometimes noisy environment
What would I be accountable for?
- Individual Lifestyle Plans (ILPs)
- Supporting independence and skill development
- Supporting relationships
- Supporting physical appearance, health well-being
- Supporting the daily operation of the home
- Supporting a positive team dynamic
What qualifications and experience do I need for the Nurse Coordinator | Intellectual Disabilities role?
- Full Drivers Licence
- Certificate or Degree in Nursing
- Current APC
- 12 month’s NZ Nursing experience
Interested in finding out more about this new opportunity?
Click on “Apply Now” and attach your CV and cover letter and if you have the required experience we will call you to discuss this exciting role in more detail
This role not what you are looking for? Search all of our current Aged Care Job Vacancies here
Call our consultants on 0508 800 221 (NZ Toll-Free) for a confidential chat about how our experts can help you to find your perfect role.
Carejobz – Your Go-to Guys for Aged Care Jobs