General Manager | Aged Care | South Canterbury | $100k
(must be a Registered Nurse)
Permanent, full time
Our client has asked us to recruit a new General Manager for one of their Retirement Villages which offers a number of services (villas, assisted care units, rest home, dementia care (self-contained unit), respite care and palliative care)
The staff consists of around 65 employees, full-time and part-time.
The village enjoys an excellent relationship and high occupancy level.
The care facility provides a friendly, caring environment known for exceptional care delivery. They are passionate about enabling people to get the very most out of their senior years; and are just as committed to helping their team get the most out of their careers.
If you are looking for a new life adventure this is the perfect base to explore the beautiful South Island and with three bedroom houses available for $250,000 you will have more money to spend on your adventures!
In this exciting General Manager position, you will be reporting to the Board of Directors and will have responsibility for all aspects of the facility, including
- Clinical nursing excellence
- Risk management and emergency procedures
- Reporting requirements
- Staff education and mentoring
- Maintaining occupancy targets
- Ensuring an audit-ready environment.
- Facilitating an environment of continuous quality improvement.
- Building & Maintaining excellent relationships with residents, families & MDT’s
This is an exciting and busy role for an engaging and resilient General Manager who will thrive on the challenges of operating the facility successfully and offering a superior level of service while promoting a culture of kindness to our residents.
To apply you must have:
- A good understanding of the NZ aged care sector, quality & compliance requirements,
- A current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC)
- At least 2 years of solid Leadership experience in aged care
- Empathy and commitment to excellence in the care of the elderly
- InterRAI trained and be comfortable with audits and the certification processes.
- You will need to provide staff education and mentoring
- Have the ability to work autonomously and a working knowledge of budgets.
As a natural leader, you will have a proactive mindset and be a skilled communicator, adept at navigating through the day-to-day demands of a busy and vibrant care facility.
Your people management skills will ensure you quickly establish relationships with your residents, staff
and contractors. Your personal values must align with that of respect, integrity, passion, and teamwork and finally, you will need to have a high level of computer literacy.
Competitive remuneration package, a supportive working environment, professional development opportunities and the chance to work in a unique environment where you can
accelerate personal growth.
* A full job description is available upon application*
Interested in finding out more about this new opportunity?
Apply through Seek now, with your CV and cover note and Paul Wheeler – NZ Aged Care Recruitment Expert will contact you to discuss the role in more detail and provide you with a full job description.
Just dipping your toe into the job market? Call Paul today on 021 478 445 for a confidential chat
Visit us today at www.carejobz.com to read our testimonials, browse all of our vacancies, enter competitions, or refer a friend to receive a reward!
Carejobz – Your Go-to Guys for Aged Care Jobs