We need nurses for current roles right across Australia. Contact us now to find out how we can help.


We work with a number of Australia’s largest aged care providers. If you are a NZ registered nurse and looking to make a move into a senior aged care role in Australia, we can help you to make this a reality.

New Zealand Registered Nurses and Midwives
If you hold New Zealand Nursing or Midwifery Registration you will be able to easily transfer your registration to Australia. To do this you will need to download the application for Trans Tasman Mutual Recognition, from the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia website.
Under the Mutual Recognition Act 1992 and Trans Tasman Mutual Recognition Act 2003 from the date your application is received it will be granted ‘deemed’ registration. This means that provided your application and fees are correct, you may practice nursing. The deemed registration period may be anything from 10 working days to 3 months depending on the state board. During this time the board may do a background check, and decide to grant or refuse your full registration. After the deemed period you will receive full registration.


Please take a look at these useful links:


What do you need to do to live and work in Australia?

Are you eligible for Professional Registration?

Each profession has its own individual registration authority. The 14 national boards are:


Do you need a visa to work in Australia?

Not if you are an Australian or New Zealand passport-holder, however,  if you hold a passport from a country other than Australia or New Zealand and are intending to work in Australia for a short contract (3/6 month) the best option would be:

  • Working Holiday Visa

  • Sponsorship Visa

If you are intending to work in Australia permanently, the best option would be:

  • Sponsorship Visa – then apply for Australian Permanent Residency Visa after arrival (if eligible)

Sponsorship Visa

  • No age restriction

  • Allows you to work for up to four years for the sponsoring hospital

  • A medical and chest x-ray are required

  • English proficiency requirement (for nurses and midwives this requirement will be met if you hold Australian Nursing Registration) – see the Australian Immigration website for details www.immi.gov.au

  • Visa application fee AUD450 and medical approximately AUD400

Working Holiday Visa

  • Available to people aged between 18 – 30 years

  • Allows you to work for up to a year, six months maximum per employer

  • A medical and chest x-ray are required

  • Visa application fee approximately AUD20 and medical approximately AUD400

Australian Permanent Residency Visa

(applied for outside Australia)

  • As most healthcare facilities in Australia generally want you to arrive and start work as soon as possible and this visa can take several months to be granted, you need to contact us when your visa has been granted and we can then assist you

Check your eligibility to work in Australia here: https://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/Work.aspx

Will I be eligible to apply for an Australian Permanent Residency Visa?

Nurses and Midwives:

  • Will generally meet all requirements to apply for Australian Permanent Residency Visa if you meet the English proficiency requirement as follows:

  • Have passed the International IELTS or OET language tests to obtain your Australian Nursing Registration

  • Hold a passport from one of the following countries: UK, USA, Canada, Republic Of Ireland, NZ

  • Sit and pass IELTS (minimum score of 6 in reading writing, speaking, listening), or OET language tests (minimum score of B in reading writing, speaking, listening)

Allied Health Professionals – refer to Australian Immigration Website for details www.immi.gov.au


IELTS – English Language Test

Governments use IELTS to process immigration and student visa applications in many English-speaking countries, including Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.

Even native English speakers need an English language qualification to emigrate to some English-speaking countries.

You will need to check the IELTS scores for emigration needed in the country of your choice before you book your IELTS test.

Visit http://www.ielts.org/ for more details

Have a Question?

We are here to help. Email us or call 0508 800 221
Contact Us