Community Support Worker – Intellectual Disabilities (2542174)
- Do you share our passion for helping others?
- This is more than just a job, it’s a passion.
- Beautiful on-site community-based in South Auckland.
- Training offered.
Up to $20 per hour (depending on experience) plus Weekend Allowance.
Our client is a well-reputed trust, who are passionate about offering the best level of support to people with intellectual disabilities.
As a Community Support Worker, you would work as part of a team providing support to a group of people with disabilities living in a home on the site. The focus of this role is to assist the residents to achieve self-confidence, independence and choice by assisting them to achieve involvement in decision making and opportunities for participation in the community so that they may lead a valued life. Also, you would be tasked with assisting them to achieve and maintain an optimum state of wellness and safety.
This can sometimes be a challenging job, but at the same time, it can also be a very rewarding one too.
You may be looking to do something worthwhile and different with your career. This could be the right opportunity for you, to do something that makes a difference.
What would I need to be considered for this role?
– Be a current NZ resident or citizen
– Hold a full NZ Drivers Licence
– Have a clean police record
– Good written and spoken English
– Ability to work rostered shifts (7 am to 2 pm and 2 pm to 10 pm weekdays and weekends)
– Commitment to attend training programmes including during non-rostered hours (which will be paid)
– Previous relevant work experience, eg Nurse Aid or similar would be an advantage
– Certificate in Human Services (or similar) also an advantage.
What type of person would do well in this role?
– Committed and energetic
– Team player
– Emotionally mature
– Good communication skills
– Clear and understandable written and spoken English
– Well organised and good time manager
– Able to give and receive feedback
– Able to work in a disruptive and sometimes noisy environment
– Domestic abilities – cooking, cleaning etc
– Basic numeracy and literacy
– Moderate fitness sufficient to carry out the physical aspects of the role
If you’re not looking to change jobs immediately but would like to gain insight into the job market, feel free to call us on 0508 800 221 (NZ Toll-Free) in confidence and we can discuss a plan for when the time is right for you.
Carejobz – Your “go-to-guys” for Aged Care Jobse jobs or refer a friend to win a “referral reward”